Friday 4 December 2015

Issue with ‘Set Source Order’ in VO wizard - ADF

Problem statement: 
I had VO with few Transient Attributes. These attribute values needs be populated based on calling DB package call. 
I already had Java wrapper class contains logic to call DB packages
So I  override my createInstanceFromResultSet method in VO Impl to populate transient attributes.
My page is search page, so created view criteria on VO to create standard query panel.
At later point, I wanted to re-order or shuffle attributes/fields in the standard query panel.
So I used ‘Set Source Order’ option to re-order the attributes.
Problem it created: attribute mis-match happened and one attribute showing another attribute value.
                                                                                       
Solution I did: Taken backup of VO impl custom method(other than setter and getter methods)and VO Row Impl and Client interface(VO-Java file),
          Go to VO wizard.
       From the Java section un- check for VO impl and VO Row Impl
      Select  ‘Query’  options from the left panel and click on ‘Update Mappings’ button

Once done, just restart the JDeveloper, and Generate VOImpl , VORow Impl  and Client interface java
Copy custom method you implemented in VOImpl from back up file and re-run. It works fine for me.

As per my observation, whenever you want to change VO query/ attribute order, it is better to do it in source mode instead of directly doing in wizard

Hope it helps!...

No comments:

Post a Comment